Thursday, April 2, 2015

My Choice- is to love woMan!





Being a feminist is-My Choice. But, that doesn’t mean: I am fat, I am bi-sexual, I am undisciplined or having extra-marital affair or prefer to have sex outside marriage.

So, going by the current norms set by 99 role models of the country, am I any less of a woman? Or Am I not ‘modern’ enough; since I don’t like unzipping my bra in public?

I do hate being fat not just because I want ‘men’ to like me but also because I want to stay healthy in life. I am not bi-sexual that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate woman’s beauty or not ‘h****!

I feel as a feminist, (also if I can speak on behalf of all other feminists I know) - our choice is ‘Not to get objectified’.

Why do we have to convey our message about our ‘choices’ by bringing in the layer of ‘sexuality’ in it? Sexuality/ choosing a sex partner is completely a personal choice- irrespective of a person’s gender.

In this confused part of the world (read: India) where the concept of being a feminist is still understood as ‘Naari Morcha’, videos/vlogs wrapped under the package of ‘Woman empowerment’ conveying such vague messages will not just mislead young woman but also give people a chance to talk and act against ‘woman empowerment’.

We don’t want a husband to think that if his wife believes in making her own ‘choices’ in life that means she would choose to be fat/ugly, bi-sexual or be immoral.

We don’t want a father to think that if his daughter believes in making her own ‘choices’ in life that means she is going to be undisciplined or prefer getting objectified!

So, I feel marketers, trying to encash on an issue should be responsible enough and re-think before making any statement of such magnitude. Because this is not just a brand’s CHOICE.

It’s about millions of women who are trying to make a choice in their life-to become a human with equal rights!

We know and must have heard various celebrities talk and support ‘Feminism’ but did we ever think about what the male equivalent word is?

-          Being Manly (like we all use as a compliment)

Now, just like along with good looks, fit body a man’s softer side (caring, lovable, etc) makes him appealing and called as ‘Manly’ so is a woman with a blend of all the positive and good living styles can be called ‘a feminist’.

We are biologically created different because then only we can be together and make the world a better place to live in. It doesn’t make sense of overshadowing or outsmarting each other.

Here what makes sense is a very clichéd word ‘TEAM SPIRIT’.

So, let’s stop sounding too sexist but sound ‘Sexy’ (read: Effective).






4 comments:

  1. superb dibbs.
    awesome writing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. bang on.....u expressed gender on true lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said... Let us all be human.... Really liked this line, "We are biologically created different because then only we can be together and make the world a better place to live in". Wish the marketing dumbos would understand that

    ReplyDelete